Saturday 15 January 2011

A not so nice beginning to 2011

Well my last few weeks have really been a nightmare. It started with my dad passing away mid December and has ended with the terrifying floods in south east Queensland - of which I was part off. Thank goodness my family and house survived untouched - but it was very unnerving having to pack the car for a possible evacuation, while trying to occupy two 9 yr olds during a 3 day black-out in a town that was totally isolated. And no mobile phone contact - I felt so isolated! But like I said, the water didn't reach my house and we were very lucky to come through it all with just some rotten food in the freezer to throw out.
It was so upsetting to drive through parts of Brisbane yesterday and see people hosing out their houses, with all their possessions heaped in mud piles in their frontyards, awaiting rubbish trucks to take it all away. So much destruction - tragedy is the only word I can think of to describe it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin