Monday 8 March 2010

Some pretty major changes round here....

Well, it's been ages since I have posted and a number of things have changed in my life. I'm not going to bore you with details, but I am hoping that I can now put more time and effort into my blog. . I'm looking at changing the focus of my blog. I still want to show you my scrapping and cards, but I also want to share my educational resources with you.

As a teacher I have heaps of ideas on how to make lessons interesting for kids and stress free for teachers. I love giving teachers ideas on resources and strategies to use in their classrooms. Most of my lessons are based on real-life context for students. I am a firm believer that students need to be able to place their learning in a known context. I also think that students need to be made aware of the 'big world' out there beyond the school ground and their own personal lives. Giving lessons a social context which in turn supports learners in their global citizenship is part of our duty as teachers. We have so many resources at our fingertips - be it the internet, print or recorded materials, we have no excuse not to open their eyes.

So stay tuned, and see where this new road takes me,
cheers
G

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin